The EonStor DS3048RT features a 4U, 48-bay large form factor with dual storage controllers, and 4 x 4GB of cache memory per controller, for a total of 32GB. Systems are configured with 4 x 1 Gb/s iSCSI ports for out-of-the-box connectivity to various clients with a combination of speed and stability, but can be transformed using hybrid host interfaces. Users can mix and match different standards, with options including 16 Gb/s Fibre Channel, 8 Gb/s Fibre Channel, 10 Gb/s iSCSI, 1 Gb/s iSCSI, 12 Gb/s SAS, and 6 Gb/s SAS. Hybrid host interfaces help support storage multitasking, allowing the bandwidth of the Fibre Channel with the high speed connectivity of the iSCSI or SAS. Drives are hot-swappable, as are the redundant power supplies.
The EonStor DS 3048RT systems are scalable with compatible JBOD expansion enclosures, helping to provide added capacity as the need for more space grows. JBODs connect via a 6 Gb/s SAS are are offered as 4U 48-bay units. There is also compatibility for self-encrypting drives.
Performance reaches up to 1,300,000 IOPS with 5,500 MB/s throughput. This helps users who work with IOPS-intensive applications such as databases and VDI applications. This bandwidth helps enhance media editing and surveying jobs, which can also help reduce system bottlenecks.
The EonStor DS 3048RT operates using three redundant 530W power supplies that are compatible with 100 VAC @ 10A to 240 VAC @ 5A with auto-switching PFC at frequencies of 47-63 Hz. This RAID is compatible with systems running Windows, Mac, RedHat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise, Sun Solaris, VMWare, Citrix, IBM AIX, and HP-UX. Included is a power cord, a 3-year limited hardware warranty, and 8×5 phone, web, and email support.
- SSD Caching
- EonStor DS 3000 systems are designed for all-SSD storage and support large, high speed SSD cache pools. SSD Cache speeds up read performance for priority data and boosts cache pool capacities up to 3.2TB. As many as four SSDs per controller can be used, including SATA disks. In addition to faster read speeds, SSD Cache helps reduce performance impact compared to spin-drive caches with rapid warm up and less drive wear. Configuring and managing SSD Cache pooling is simplified via the intuitive SANWatch UI.
Automated storage tiering helps optimize storage performance and increases ROI by leveraging high speed SSD for expedited access to hot data while using drives such as NL-SAS for archiving purposes.
To help protect SSDs and the data they store, EonStor DS 3000 systems offer SSD wear level indication that provides users with accurate real time SSD health info Please be aware that SSD caching requires the purchase of an optional license
- EonStor DS 3000 systems support up to 1,300,000 IOPS and 5,500 MB/s throughput and are well suited for database and VDI applications. Their computing power and bandwidth helps enhance media editing and surveying jobs, helping to reduce system bottlenecks. When looking to expand storage, Infortrend JB 2000 and JB 2000-1 enclosures are compatible
- Data Services
- Every EonStor DS 3000 system arrives with a full suite of premium data services. Thin provisioning augments your storage utilization from an average 30 to 80% so you get more room on your disk drives. For on-demand backups, 128-target snapshot is included (upgradable to 4,096 targets), alongside a 64 replication pair volume mirror/copy (upgradable to 256). Remote replication also helps ensures prompt and secure disaster recovery to offsite backup locations
Infortrend IDR technology helps detect and repair faulty sectors on drives before they progress into serious media errors, so that disastrous failures are avoided before they can potentially take down an entire storage network
- High Availability
- Dual Storage Controllers
- Fast failover performance helps assure high data availability
- Modular Host Interface
- Choose from 8 Gb/s or 16 Gb/s Fibre Channel, 1 Gb/s or 10 Gb/s iSCSI, or 6 Gb/s or 12 Gb/s SAS host interfaces. This wide choice offers great performance in more applications, with hybrid host interfaces available to deliver support for diverse environments on one system, for example Fibre Channel/SAS and onboard iSCSI. Host interface modules can also be swapped and upgraded, making EonStor DS 3000 systems very future-proof
- Hybrid host interfaces for different environments can help lead to greater utility
- Optional onboard iSCSI ports can be added to any host interface type
- Module components mean user-friendly maintenance and virtually future-proof upgrades
- System Messages
- Tiered and actionable system notifications keep you informed and in control
- User Friendly Maintenance
- Clear and easy to act upon system status messages help make troubleshooting simple even without elaborate IT support. Additionally, an integrated smart media scan helps prevent data errors and corruption. It works in the background at all times without affecting system performance, keeping tabs on your data to ensure its integrity
- SANWatch 3.0 browser-based user interface gives you a consolidated and highly accessible storage management front end. It is complemented by RAIDWatch 3.0, another Infortrend utility that allows you to implement various practices to help enhance RAID array performance. Systems also ship with CLI and command editing to help ensure you receive full supervision and oversight capabilities
- Energy Efficient Design
- Efficient 80 PLUS power supplies
- Intelligent drive spin-down reduces energy draw by up to 60% while extending drive lifespan